TriHealth Senior Link is a local member of the nationwide PACE (Program for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) Association. This revolutionary approach to seniors' care provides for all of its clients' healthcare needs. It helps people 55 and older with chronic care needs to stay healthy and independent as long as possible, by providing them with access to a day health center, health care in a clinic that they can access every day, medications delivered to their home at no cost, transportation to and from home and to any other appointments they have, rehabilitation therapy, meals, household help, hospitalization, and social activities. Each client is assigned a doctor, nurse, physical therapist, occupational therapist, recreational therapist, social worker, and home care aid, who all work together as a team to follow the client and ensure his or her health.
- Primarily work with the clinic staff as a Clinical Aide at the Norwood site.
- Be supervised by SeniorLink staff nurses.
- Be fully trained by the clinic staff to perform: patient transport and transport, bed mobility techniques, patient ambulation, and vital signs and weights.
- Acquire skills in patient communication skills and hands-on "bedside manner".
- Shadow MDs and CNPs and attend clinic staff meetings to learn more about care of geriatric patients and advanced care planning.
- Assist in other duties in the Day Health Center as needed, included but not limited to direct surveying, research, program planning, group/activity facilitation, record keeping, and evaluation.