The Good Samaritan Free Health Center (GSFHC) is a volunteer-staffed clinic in Price Hill that serves adults in Hamilton County with low incomes who do not have Medicare, Medicaid, or private health insurance. The GSFHC serves as a comprehensive primary care center for its patients with a wide range of services including counseling, dental, medical specialty care and more. The center helps fill a healthcare need for those with few other places to turn.
The intern will...
- Sit with patients to explain and obtain financial assistance for referrals.
- Call to schedule referral appointments.
- Fax referrals to the appropriate hospitals.
- Document all referrals and calls in the electronic medical record.
- Ensure that patients have transportation and know how to get to their appointments.
- Call patients to follow up on their appointments.
- Mail letters to patients who cannot be reached by phone.
- Complete projects in the Community Health Worker office.
- Perform office maintenance tasks.
- Interpret for Spanish-speaking patients (if bilingual in Spanish).
Intern Experience Summary
Soon this site will include opportunities for Quality Improvement Research! Details will be coming soon.