Cincinnati Youth Collaborative (CYC) is an organization that began 30 years ago to help alleviate the dropout rate in Cincinnati. The organization approaches this goal through job preparation workshops to help youth learn job skills. CYC also has a college success program that exposes students to college tours as well as academic, financial, and career advising. The intern will have the opportunity to work with various other organizations associated with CYC, including MedMentors, Joining Forces for Children and the Mayerson Center. Med Mentors is an organization that works with CYC to pair medical students who wish to mentor with local school-aged children. Joining Forces for Children (JfFC) is an organization that strives to reduce the impact of Adverse Childhood Events on the youth of Cincinnati. They work with community organizations for community outreach, and the Mayerson Center at Cincinnati Children's hospital to work with families of abused children, to help build resilience both on the individual and community levels.
The intern will...
- Analyze data of the Med Mentors program to assess cultural competency achievement
- Analyze CYC program data and mentor data to help optimize CYC programs
- Prepare content for CYC's online Mentoring Assistance Platform
- Work on various research projects and survey data analysis for JFfC
- Attend meetings to help implement Trauma Informed Care at the Mayerson Center